Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thanksgiving Reminders

Thanksgiving Day is getting closer by the minute. Dividing up your preparations amongst the next few days will cut down on last minute tasks and frustrations. My big task for today is to remember to take the turkey out of the freezer, and place it in the refrigerator so that it will be thawed and ready to go on Thursday. Today I will also decide which table linens to use, and iron them if necessary. And don't forget to make sure you have plenty of dish soap, laundry soap, toilet paper, paper napkins, paper towels, etc. on hand. You don't want to come to the realization on Thanksgiving morning that you do not have enough dish soap to get you through the day, and running to the store is the last thing you want to do. And yes, I speak from experience. I even had to ask one of my guests once if they would mind bringing dish soap with them when they came to my house for dinner. Fortunately, the request was made of my wonderful father and mother-in-law, and of course they were more than happy to help me out.

1 comment:

addiejerry said...

Monica,
I now have a Blog. But I am not sure what to do for it yet. I wanted to put my picture of me at about 6 months old with my first teddy bear, but the google doesn't like it I guess because it is too old. any way it's http://addiejerry-teddybearsandthings.blogspot.com