Friday, November 28, 2008

The Day After

In my opinion, the day after Thanksgiving is a wonderful day. The big feast is over, but there is an abundance of leftovers to enjoy throughout the day. But besides the food, there is something just "warm" about today. After spending so much time with preparations, there is not much to do but to just sit back and take it easy. I don't take in any of the big sales at the stores. I would much rather spend my day visiting with my family, watching a movie, getting out my sewing, listening to Christmas music (the day after Thanksgiving is always my first official day of enjoying this pleasure), and maybe even taking a nap. So all-in-all, another day of giving thanks for my many, many blessings.

"Oh, give thanks to the LORD, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever."
1 Chronicles 16:34

No comments: