Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bleach

Bleach can be a wonderful cleaner. I use it in many ways around my house. Bleach can also be a nuisance though too -- at least for me. If I am planning on using bleach, I literally have to change my clothes into something old; because no matter how careful I try to be, one little tiny drop of bleach always manages to find itself onto someone's favorite shirt or pants. My daughters though brought to my attention a cleaning product that has alleviated some of my problems. Maybe most of you have already heard about it, but it was new to me. It is just a basic all purpose cleaner with bleach. Clorox makes one, but we are currently using WalMart's Great Value brand, and it works just as good. The WalMart brand is literally called "All Purpose Cleaner with Bleach". In fact I have been using it this morning, and as far as I can tell, I haven't ruined my clothes yet. I still just use regular liquid bleach in my washing machine when I am washing my whites. I actually find a great deal of satisfaction seeing my family wearing bright, white, clean socks; and I haven't found a powdered bleach to match the results I achieve with liquid bleach.

1 comment:

Ashley and Jessica said...

Did you know that bleach actually works better when you dilute it with water? I learned this in microbiology class. The ions in the water are need in order for the bleach to work. The instructor said that you can save a lot of money (not that Clorox is expensive)and save yourself from the fumes if you make a ten to one solution of bleach to water, put it in a spray bottle, and use this solution to clean with. She also said that cold germs are not that hard to kill, so maybe this is a good time to start utilizing this. I always thought that straight bleach must be the best because it is so strong, but now I will dilute it with water.