Sunday, January 11, 2009

Salsa Chicken

I love a quick meal just as much as anyone. This recipe is so easy, it is just too good to be true. My family really enjoyed it, and I plan on adding it to my list of regular recipes. I found it in my Fix-It and Forget-It Big Cookbook . In the book, the recipe is actually entitled, "Can-You-Believe-It's-So-Simple Salsa Chicken", and can be found on page 375 for those of you that might have the cookbook.

4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
16-oz. jar chunky-style salsa, your choice of heat
2 cups shredded cheese, your choice of flavor

Place chicken in slow cooker. Pour salsa over chicken. Cover and cook on low 5-8 hours, or until chicken is tender but not dry. Top individual servings with shredded cheese. Serve this over cooked rice, or in a whole wheat or cheddar cheese wrap.

How about that for an easy dinner.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Wow, that is easy! I am all about easy cooking and crockpot meals.