Friday, January 9, 2009

A Robin's Nest

God's creation is amazing. I know I have probably said this before; but I never get tired of pondering this particular topic. This past summer we had a robin that built a nest in a tree next to our deck. It was in a location that if we stood in just the right spot, we could watch her sitting on her nest. God created the birds with wisdom enough to know just where to build their nests, and how to build them with strength to endure the elements. Our robin built hers just high enough so that the sprinkler wouldn't hit it, and it was in a nice strong spot in the tree where the winds didn't bother it, and she couldn't be seen by her predators. This winter I have been watching the empty nest. We have had some amazing weather --- heavy snow, high winds, and freezing rain --- and after all of this, the little nest is still sitting right in the same spot not seeming to be affected by any of it.


1 comment:

Sheila said...

I am not too bird savvy, and I especially don't know about nests. We have a cute little nest in one of our trees in the front yard. It seems so small, but very sturdy. I didn't notice it until all of the leaves fell off of the tree this winter. I'll have to watch it in the spring to see what kind of birds fly to it.