Thursday, January 15, 2009

Joyful Snowmen

When I put away all of the Christmas decorations, I usually allow a couple of snowmen to remain unpacked to keep me company through the month of January. One in particular that I have kept out for the past couple of years is a small watercolor that one of my daughters painted for me. I just love him. He sits on my windowsill above my kitchen sink, and smiles at me every time I am there. This Christmas I received a new snowman to sit beside him. I felt that the new addition matches my little painting quite well; and now I have two joyful snowmen sitting in my kitchen.

2 comments:

Sheila said...

Snowmen are so cheerful. I would love to see a closer picture of the water color.

Monica said...

Sheila, I will have my daughter take a closer picture of the watercolor in our next "photo session". My girls are my photographers. They seem much more adept at it than I am. I pay them by taking them out to lunch now and then. A win-win situation for all of us. They like that arrangement. And thank you for being such a faithful "commenter". I look forward to seeing your friendly name pop up on my screen.