Saturday, February 25, 2012

Saturday's Book Choice

Today we are in the midst of quite the little snow storm.  What started out as a bit of a drizzly gray morning, has turned into gusty winds blowing snow horizontally, and piling up inch by inch.  The kind of day that for me is the best kind of day to just stay inside where it is warm and cozy, sewing, cooking, and looking through some of my books.  One such book that I enjoy looking through is Country Living The Farm Chicks in the Kitchen: Live Well, Laugh Often, Cook Much by Serena Thompson and Teri Edwards. 

I first became acquainted with The Farm Chicks from my sister, Kass.  She told me about their blog and thought I would enjoy it.  She was right about that.  And soon after I started visiting their blog, they came out with this book.   I purchased a copy, and a good friend of mine and I headed over to Spokane one afternoon to a book signing and to meet The Farm Chicks themselves. 

Since that day I have gone through this book many times.  If you haven't seen the book before, it is a combination of a history of The Farm Chicks, a cookbook, and also a craft book.  I think at present our very favorite recipe in the book is the Big & Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies recipe.  In fact if you turn to that page of the book, you will undoubtedly find crumbs and splatters like all favorite cookbook pages develop over time.

6 comments:

Florence said...

This is one of my favorites and my girls also. Hugs! Florence

Sheila said...

I've visited there blog when you've posted something about them and do enjoy it. The book looks lovely.

We had temperatures in the 70s yesterday then woke up to a blustery cold with flurries blowing around this morning. The weather has been rather moody.

Kathy said...

Good luck with the snow .... I hope we're finished with all that winter stuff now! You have a lovely collection of cookbooks. Mine have stained pages too, and jut fall open at well used recipes.
xxx

Sunny Simple Life said...

I think your storm sounds wonderfully cozy. All safe and warm inside. Thanks for coming by today.

Unknown said...

Yesterday was a bright sunny spring day over here in the south of England. The book looks good, I will look up their blog.

Libbie said...

I will have to check them out again...I think I have been there a few times but I forget about thing sometimes! Thanks for the tip!