Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday's Book Choice

If you like to quilt, then this week's book is an amazing resource.  I don't personally own it, but have checked it out at the library over and over again.  It isn't an inexpensive book by any means, thus the reason I just use the library's copy.  But that is what makes utilizing a library so very nice.

The Quilter's Album of Patchwork Patterns: 4050 Pieced Blocks for Quilters, by Jinny Beyer is 488 pages long, but a wealth of information.  She breaks qulting down into basic steps beginning with a primer on pieced blocks, followed by square blocks, hexagon blocks, continuous pattern blocks, etc.  Each block is broken down into square grids so you can see how they are designed and put together.  Seeing the basic grid is also helpful in creating your own color sequence, as many times the grid is lost in the amazing patterns that a quilt can take on after being pieced together.  With this book, a quilter would never tire of looking at the same familiar patterns because there literally are 4,050 different quilt blocks included.  I don't know about you, but that will keep me entertained for quite some time.


The Quilter's Album of Patchwork Patterns: 4050 Pieced Blocks for Quilters

2 comments:

Lori said...

I'll have to check and see if our library has this one. It looks like a terrific resource.

Sheila said...

I miss my trips to the local library. As a kid I spent soooo many hours there. I would walk there and stay exploring the books and reading a few {since I would always check out so many at once}. We don't have a library within walking distance for my children to enjoy.