Sunday, June 27, 2010

Setting Aside Some Time

One morning this past week I spent several hours working outside in my gardens.  When lunch time rolled around I set down my gardening tools and went inside.  After fixing lunch for my daughter, who had been suffering with a bad summer cold, I decided that all laundry, cleaning, and any other plans I had made could simply by set aside.  Instead I took a blanket outside on the grass; and my daughter and I spent the next couple of hours looking at the clouds, enjoying the sunshine, admiring a rainbow, and planning some imaginary trips.  And you know what --- that laundry waited patiently for me, and we had a very nice afternoon together.


4 comments:

Rose said...

we all need to a day to just stop our household issues and just look and enjoy life.

Kar said...

Love those kind of afternoons. They are the absolute best!

Jan said...

Do you see the giraffe in those clouds??? :-)

Maria said...

Sounds perfect!