Thursday, June 3, 2010

Lilac Season

The long awaited time of lilac season is finally here in our neck of the woods.  Our lilacs are bursting forth in all of their glory.  I do believe that their scent ranks right up there amongst my top 3 favorite flowers to smell just for smelling's sake.  When out in my yard, I will purposely head right over to one of the bushes for the simple purpose of enjoying their wonderful fragrance.  And now that it has finally stopped raining (at least for today), my daughters clipped some beauties up at their grandparent's house this afternoon, and brought them home to me. Not only do I love them for their scent, but if you could actually see these lilacs in person, I know you would agree that the colors are absolutely amazing. 


7 comments:

Clara said...

I'm glad you liked them! They were alot of fun to pick :) I love the picture btw!!!
XO

Kar said...

I agree. Lilacs are the absolute best! Mine are done for the year now. I wish they lasted longer.

Jan said...

That photograph is absolutely beautiful!! It looks like a painting!

Sheila said...

Lilacs are beautiful in scent and appearance. It is amazing that you are in the height of the season; ours have come and gone. They lasted quite a while here, too.

Rose said...

these flowers are beautiful and you fall in love with them have a good weekend rose

theUngourmet said...

I completely agree with you about the scent! Gorgeous!

Woman of the House said...

Gorgeous! Wow!