Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Clematis

Another one of my favorite garden flowers is my clematis. Several years ago, I decided I wanted to grow one near a chain link fence so that it could some day nearly cover it in blossoms. I think that dream is quite a few more years down the road; but in the meantime, it is growing a little larger each year. After my first plant was established, I thought it might be nice to plant another one beside the first, and train it to go down the fence in the opposite direction. My second poor little clematis has had a rough go of it though. It has been dug up several times by mistake, which actually resulted in buying a replacement. And it has also suffered from being partially sprayed with weed killer; however, despite all of the harsh treatment, it is doing its best to survive.


2 comments:

Sheila said...

Happy to hear I am not the only one who has trouble with this vine. I planted one a few years ago and have only seen some sickly flowers. It hasn't even grown more than 2 feet tall yet!

By the way, here is a link for a zucchini recipe I saw. Thought you might like it for all of your zucchini!
http://simplyrecipes.com/recipes/zucchini_breakfast_casserole/

theUngourmet said...

I love Clematis too! The color in yours is gorgeous!