Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Cookies

I can imagine many of you are beginning to do your holiday baking. I know I am hoping to start mine in the next couple of days. Typically, I leave it until the last minute, but I really don't want to do that this year. Somehow waiting until the day of Christmas Eve to make the sugar cut out cookies makes it more stressful than enjoyable. This year I am going to begin with the cut out cookies since they take the longest to make. Each year I also find myself on a quest to find the perfect sugar cookie recipe. If you also find yourself on the same quest each year, you might want to look here for a recipe and some easy decorating ideas. I personally haven't tried this recipe out yet, but it looks promising.

3 comments:

Sheila said...

Thank you for the link. The cookies look great; I love the ideas they have, too.

I have used this recipe from allrecipes:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/The-Best-Rolled-Sugar-Cookies/Detail.aspx

I have never baked ahead of time. Do you freeze your cookies or just keep them in an airtight container?

Monica said...

Hi Sheila --

Thanks for the link to your sugar cookie recipe. I will go take a look at it. Yes, I freeze my cookies and candy, and they stay perfectly nice throughout the holidays. I typically place them in a container of some sort with waxed paper between the different layers.

Ashley and Jessica said...

You only freeze them if we don't get to them first!