Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lemon Pepper Marinade

Today is my father-in-law's 92nd birthday. Yes, you read it correctly, 92 years. Isn't that just an amazing blessing. He is in excellent health, and no one would ever guess that he has 92 years behind him. He has been the best father-in-law anyone could ever hope for, and he has indeed been a blessing to me.

I have been cooking for a large portion of the day today preparing for his birthday dinner this evening. At his request, we are having shish-ke-bobs (or is it shish-ka-bobs?). I will be preparing several skewers loaded with steak, others with chicken, and still others with shrimp. The chicken and steak have been marinating all afternoon in my favorite marinade recipe of all. My sister, Molly, gave me this recipe when I was first married, and it has truly never let me down.

Lemon Pepper Marinade
1 tablespoon lemon pepper
1 teaspoon Lawry's Seasoning Salt
2 tablespoons water
1/4 cup oil

Mix all together, and pour over your choice of meat. Leave in marinade for at least 3 hours, and most of all, enjoy!!

1 comment:

Ellena said...

Wow, that is so cool! I noticed you said "shish ke bobs". Our family loves those, its a favorite meal :) We found out the "shish" actually means sheep, and the name "shis ke bob" actually means a sheep ke bob... now we always change the name, every time we have it, chicken ke bob, veggie ke bob... haha okay - hope you had fun!