Friday, March 27, 2009

A Little Closet for Sewing Supplies

I have an extra room in my house that we use as a computer room, classroom, sewing, and craft room. Since none of those activities need a closet, my husband converted the closet in the room into a storage space for my sewing supplies. I don't think I could ever have too many shelves in my house, and these particular shelves are extremely handy.

I keep a stack of fabric on them:


Sewing supplies are organized and kept in a variety of storage boxes:


Embroidery floss is organized by color number in plastic boxes. This particular box was originally intended for fishing supplies:

And I even have some floss that I dyed myself:


I also keep my sewing thread in a plastic box, books on the shelves, a variety of cute ribbon, and jars filled with buttons. I honestly don't think I could ever have too many jars of buttons. I'm not sure why, but they just fascinate me.


2 comments:

Peter Jones said...

My sewer's heart is moved. I get in very little sewing time right now and my sewing things are mostly homeless still since we moved. It makes me really appreciate these pictures. I love seeing all of your things all organized and ready for you to use to create wonderful things!
Lovely post.
Julie

Sandy said...

Completely jealous of your button jars! :)