Friday, February 6, 2009

Pennie Pockets

Valentine's Day is such a fun day, especially if you have kids. Through the years I have always made sure that my kids have had valentines to send to family and friends. They have found so much enjoyment in either making the entire valentine, or just choosing which pre-made valentine would go to each special person. I also have fun giving each of my kids a little something on Valentine's Day. Even if it has only been a box of conversation hearts, the giving of a little simple gift is so enjoyable.

Recently, I came across a free pattern for Valentine Pennie Pockets that seem to have many possibilities:



I thought they were so cute that I would share the website with any of you that might want to try and make some for Valentine's Day. The directions don't sound very difficult, and you could make several alterations to cut down on some of the time making them. Replacing the yo-yo with a big cute button would be easier, and on another website I have seen the handles made out of rick-rack. There is a complete tutorial for this project located here.

To see the alternate website with some different variations, you can look here.

I can just picture these filled with all different kinds of treats for little kids and grown-up kids as well. They just seem so cheerful and fun.


3 comments:

Sheila said...

These are too cute; thank you for sharing the information.

I am always looking for some kind of treat to make as a gift.

Anonymous said...

These were easy enough for me and I adore them! Thank you as always for passing on such delightful ideas.

Monica said...

Alison, I'm so happy that you were able to make them. I thought they were just too cute. I am going to try and make some with St. Patrick's Day fabric, and fill with chocolate gold coins.

Sheila, I'm glad that you liked them as well. You always have such cute gift ideas.