Saturday, January 21, 2012

Saturday's Book Choice

"One Thousand Gifts" by Ann Voskamp was given to me last year by a very good friend of mine, and I have continued to enjoy it ever since.  It is the type of book that I can pick up and read over and over again.  It is about focusing your attention on giving thanks to God for everything, large and small.  God tells us that He wants us to give Him thanks, but I think we tend to set that aside while we are busy with our lives and worrying about this or that.  Ann's way of conveying to us the need for obedience in this area is like reading poetry.  She writes from her own experiences, and I think most anyone would be able to relate to her words.  I know for me I need a reminder now and then to just sit down and be thankful for all of my many blessings.

1 comment:

K @ Aurora Blythe said...

I adore this book! It revolutionized my thinking and is def one I reread!