Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Amazing Cupcakes

This morning I have been busy making two different batches of breakfast cookies.  I have been trying to perfect the recipe by trying many different variations in order to find that perfect combination for us.  So far our favorite fruit to add has been a combination of dried apricots, dried blueberry infused craisins, and craisins.  I have kept track of everything I have tried on the paper that I printed the recipe on.  It is getting quite marked up.  But I think it is about time to copy the recipe onto a more permanent recipe card before I lose it. 

Next up, I think I will perhaps try the dark chocolate cupcakes with salted vanilla caramel icing from the King Arthur Baking Banter blog.  When I saw the recipe I immediately printed it out and have moved it to the front of many other recipes to try that I have printed out from this particular blog.  In fact I have now added their blog over on my sidebar so that you can also easily access and enjoy all of the amazing things that they bake up every day.

Here is their picture of the cupcakes that they made.    Now you just have to admit that they look amazing.


5 comments:

Kathy said...

They do look pretty amazing .... can I just ask, what are craisins? I wonder what we call them over here!
xxx

Monica said...

Kathy, Craisins are basically sweetened dried cranberries. We love them over here :)

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Beautiful for sure and yummy too!

koralee said...

You are a busy baker my friend...oh how these cupcakes look amazingly yummy. I may have to give them a try too. xoxo

Sheila said...

I recently tried their brownie recipe; it was really good. King Arthur recipes seem pretty reliable.