Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ready to Move On

Today is February 19th.  That means we basically only have one more week of February; and as much as I love winter, I am beginning to feel like I would really like to have sunny days and warmer weather.  This month we haven't had a lot of snow, but lots of gray days, rain, snow flurries, and cold temperatures.  I'm really ready to move on to glorious spring.  Isn't it nice to know that even though winter remains, and we start to grow weary of all of the weather that comes along with it, deep down we know that spring will indeed show up.  We have our hope, and we know it won't be disappointed.  So while I am hoping for spring, knowing it will be here soon, our snow shovels stand at the ready just in case they need to be put into service once more before all is said and done.  Perhaps they are just waiting to be put away because their services will no longer be needed this season.  I hope so.

2 comments:

Jan said...

Your posts about spring have been very encouraging!! I can't wait!
If it weren't so cold today, we could almost pretend it is spring... ;-)

Woman of the House said...

I always feel that way about February too, but this year we had a week of temps in the 50's and 60's, so it hasn't been so bad. (But it's cold again today.) I hope spring comes for you soon!