Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Weekly Tea Party

A couple of weeks ago, on a cloudy January afternoon, I asked my daughters if they wanted to have tea with me. We quickly put together a spur-of-the-moment tea party. I had some special paper plates that I had originally purchased to use on Valentine's Day; but decided they just seemed appropriate for this little party. I pulled a box of "special" cookies out of the pantry that I had been saving for a special tea party; and my daughters gathered up some other fun little treats. We decided that we should make it a weekly tradition. Last week we followed suit, and another tea party is scheduled for this afternoon. I can hardly wait.



3 comments:

Florence said...

What a lovely moment you are creating and the memories along with it. Be sure to get photos. Florence

Jen Welch said...

What a fun tradition. I just sent my little girls in their dresses over to our elderly neighbor's house for their own tea party :) Fun times!

Woman of the House said...

What a lovely tradition! I love the paper plates!