Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Touch of Spring

In great contrast to some of you that live farther east, our winter has been the mildest winter since somewhere back in the 1920's. We have only had about 7 inches of total snow overall. Even though the mountains have been getting some snow, I haven't been skiing even once this year. Without having all of the snow right outside my door, it's hard to get in the right frame of mind for winter sports. As the days click by, the prospect for snow gets less and less. So in light of this, I am really getting ready for some spring weather. And to add to this excitement, my tulips are starting to make an appearance. These truly bring a smile to my face.


3 comments:

Maria said...

Lucky, lucky, lucky you.....My tulips are buried under 7 inches of snow today. Thank you for posting your picture though, it makes me "think spring"!

Woman of the House said...

Yes, lucky you! We've had the snowiest, coldest winter I ever remember. But the sun is shining today at least.

theUngourmet said...

We've been having such a mild winter too. I'm so glad! My daffodils are coming up and I saw a pink tree a couple of days ago! :)