Sunday, September 6, 2009

Crayons

With school beginning once again, I can't help but think about new boxes of crayons. Through the years, I've always made sure that my kids have had brand new boxes of crayons to begin the new school year. Even though I have home schooled them, I still thought it important to not forget this one important detail. I'm really not sure at what age I acquired a fondness for new crayons; but it has stuck with me my entire life. I think one of the things I enjoy most is just being able to gaze at all of the different colors in one place. I still like crayons even for myself; and yes, I openly admit it, I have my very own brand new box of 24 crayons in my pencil box with all of my colored pencils.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love new crayons, too~the look, the smell, the feel. But alas, my children have all outgrown crayons.

womanofthehouse

The Library Lady said...

It really is the simple things in life that are truly pleasurable. I don't know...They just smell good and the colors are so vibrant. They just make you feel good. I have a crayon box made from plastic canvas and the lid says CRAYONS stitched in and then underneath the word are crayon shapes in the primary colors. When I worked as a "K" teaching assistant one of my parents gave it to me. I cherish it to this day...From 18 years ago.

Diane
The Library Lady
"Take surprise and delight in the little things"

Sheila said...

I love crayons, too. Not only for the colors but for coloring! i love coloring, more than my children and students.

koralee said...

ohhhhh...a new box of crayons...pencil crayons...felt pens...etc..gives me the tingles too. Thank you for your comment on my blog...I do need to check out your friends lunch box ideas!

Sarah Groves said...

Hi Monica,

If possible I would like to know your reasons for homeschooling? I am assuming that you live near a Christian Classical School, but have still chosen to homeschool.
Thanks very much,
Sarah