Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Mother's Day

It's Mother's Day.  A day for honoring mothers. I think it was a grand idea to set aside a day such as this.  It's nice to be able to pause and think of just how much we have been blessed by our mothers.

I have a wonderful mother that I have been blessed with.  She worked hard while I was growing up, seeing to it that we were all taken care of, often seeming like the anchor that kept everything together during tough times.  Strong family values were important to her, and she instilled in each one of her children the importance of enjoying each other, something which all seven of us continue to do to this day.

Take a moment today, and thank the Lord for your mother.  And to all of you that are mothers, I hope you have had a chance today to pause and thank the Lord for choosing you to be a mother.



2 comments:

Jennie and Julie said...

Hi Monica- So good to have you back! You have been missed by both Julie and I. Don't worry about the comments, it was nice to hear from you three times! Were you able to overcome your technical difficulties? I noticed you did post a photo for Mothers Day... hope you're back for now. Jennie

uk-writing-reviews.com said...

I always bought fresh flowers for my mom on this day. I won't forget the year when I bought the flowers which should be hung on the wall. They were deeply read and there was a postcard inside. I wrote: "I love you, Mom!" and sent the flowers to her. She called me in tears. She cried because of happiness...