Monday, September 6, 2010

Farewell to Summer

This morning as I enjoyed a cup of tea, I began pondering over the past season.  I know that technically, summer still has a few weeks to go; however, with school beginning tomorrow, that kind of signals the end of the season. 

When summer began I had all kinds of plans, hopes, and dreams for how it might possibly pan out.  Of course, as is usually the case, it turned out somewhat differently -- not in a bad way -- just in a different way.  I was able to plant my vegetable garden, and lots of flowers even though we had such a rainy May and June.  Countless hours were spent at my daughter's tennis lessons; but that was nice because it gave me the opportunity to sit in the warm sunshine visiting with a friend and getting some crocheting accomplished.  I was blessed to be able to teach two different friends how to crochet a granny square.  I cheered my son through two triathlons.  When my daughter made the transition from tennis to volleyball, that also afforded me time to spend with another friend.  I did lots of walking, and have lost nearly 10 pounds.  Another birthday came and went.  Time was set aside for a five day camping trip with my family which included picking huckleberries.  I created a chocolate cake for the annual chocolate contest at our local fair -- of which I did not place in the top three -- but I can imagine I finished in fourth place (lol).  I've made jam and pickles, and I guess the list could really go on and on.  The Bible talks about how God directs our steps.  I may have had specific ideas at the beginning of summer what I might like to do; but His plan for me this summer was just perfect.

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like you've had a busy but very enjoyable summer. We've got autumn creeping in here too. I'm very sad about it!
Love Kathy xxx

Sheila said...

Happy belated birthday and congratulations on some great accomplishments!

I myself am looking forward to the fall; it is my favorite time of year.

koralee said...

Yes...what we plan does not always happen..but God does take care of us in more ways than we know.

Happy new week...and may we all look for the Joy that Fall may bring. xoxoo

Florence said...

This has been a very busy summer, enjoy your fall. Florence

Jennie and Julie said...

I just have to say that I really like your photography. I always enjoy the photos you post, and this one again was exceptional. It just invoked a feeling a fall in the air to look at that steam rising from the mug. Good job on that...I'm enjoying. Jennie