Thursday, July 29, 2010

That's My Boy!!

This past weekend, my son competed in his first triathlon.  He has been training for the event, but wasn't sure how he would fare.  I couldn't have been more proud of him.  He did amazing!!  Here he is swimming in the river:


Next came the bike portion:



Followed up by the run.  Here he is crossing the finish line:



He did awesome!!  In his age bracket he finished in 6th place.  Overall, he was in the top 25%.  I was very pleased with how he did.  Afterwards of course a celebration was in order ..... here is how he celebrated:


Triathlon number 2 will be coming this weekend.  I think he is hooked.

6 comments:

Kar said...

Congrats to him! I wouldn't be able to do it. Was it held in Coeur D'Alene? At least there was pretty scenery to look at while competing, if it was even being looked at. :)

koralee said...

Wow...congratulations to him..that really takes so much work. Way to go! xoxo

Kathy said...

My goodness that looks like hard work!
Well done to your son!
Love Kathy xxx

Woman of the House said...

That's great! Congratulations!

Rose said...

cong. to your son for his efforts . Rose

Jan said...

I like the celebration!! That is more up my alley! ;-)
That is pretty amazing finishing
6th in his group!
Congratulations and well done!!