Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Wedding Centerpieces


It's been a little over two weeks since my son's wedding.  Hard to believe all of the anticipation and planning is now well behind us.  The wedding was beautiful.  We were blessed with perfect weather for the outdoor ceremony, and also blessed with so many friends and family taking the time to come and celebrate with us.  Beautiful seems almost lacking in describing the bride, my new daughter.  She was absolutely stunning!  My son was so handsome and so happy.  I loved seeing him beam when his bride walked down the aisle. 

The colors were red, black, and white.  We had told Emma, the bride, that we would help her with the centerpieces.  I wanted to be able to use mason jars since I have a huge supply, and that would cut down on the cost of buying vases.  So after discussing ideas with Luke and Emma, mason jars it was.  They were filled with baby's breath, which was so pretty and simple.  Red ribbons were tied around the neck of the jar and a small black square with a hand printed "G" written with a chalk pencil on black paper was tied to the red ribbon.  Two little rhinestones were also placed beside the G.  Fresh red rose petals were sprinkled on each table on top of red and black paper, and finished off with silver glitter. 


3 comments:

Sheila said...

Those are so sweet. I love things that are so simple they are elegant. Congratulations on your new daughter!

Jennie and Julie said...

Monica, I just received your nice card today. I went to the Doctor this morning to find I need to leave the 'pins' in my shoulder for another 10 days, and so it was a delightful pick-up to get and read your card. Thank you so much for taking the time to write. I didn't know you lived in Coeur d'Alene, a beautiful town much like Bend. I too have so much enjoyed getting to know you on your blog. Did I ever tell you how much I love the name of your blog? It's truly delightful. Also, your centerpieces were amazing. I love using mason jars for things, and they turned out so beautifully. Very creative. I'm so glad the wedding went well, and you all enjoyed it together.
I'm slowly improving with the help of my wonderful husband, and you'll be hearing from me on the blog again soon.
God Bless you too....

koralee said...

What a joyful time for you....I adore the little centerpieces...so so darling. The wedding must of been amazing. Hugs to you.