Monday, July 16, 2012

Cherry Season

Since my last post, our lives have been going through a time of adjustments.  Adjustments in getting used to life without my father-in-law.  For those of you who left comments, thank you so much for your very kind words.  It's been nearly four weeks now, and it is kind of hard for the brain to kick back into a normal routine.  But God is good, and each day continues to bring blessing after blessing.  One particular blessing I had this past week was to pick cherries with my brother at his house which is not too far away.  I arrived early and we had the best time visiting and picking.  I determined that he picks cherries twice as fast as I do, but I guess since they are his trees, he has had a lot more practice.  I came home with buckets of Bing Cherries, Rainier Cherries, and Pie Cherries.  They have all been washed and are now in the refrigerator awaiting my next step.  I think today I will start with the Pie Cherries and get a few pies put away in the freezer.  Nothing quite beats being able to reach in the freezer and bake a cherry pie at a moment's notice.

4 comments:

koralee said...

oh I am so sorry to hear your sad news...sending you oodles of love. I am glad you were able to enjoy your time picking cherries...I have been to the cherry orchard this year already too....pure joy.
xoxoxoxo

Jan said...

My cherries aren't quite ready yet, but I am anxiously awaiting that first cherry pie! Guess it's just a tad cooler up here...Besides all those good cherries you have created a fond memory with your brother. :-)

serendipity said...

Sorry to hear about your father in law. I hope you are able to make something nice with your cherries. xx

koralee said...

Hi my friend...just popped in to wish you a happy day...hope things are going well for you this week....and to let you know I added a link on my post today for the jam recipe...so many people wanted it.
It really is sooo yummy...I am thinking of making another batch...thank you for your sweet comments that you leave me all the time.Take care of yourself.