Friday, June 8, 2012

A Little Symbol Deciphering

For years now labels on clothes have included "laundry care symbols".  And for years now, I haven't had a clue what they mean.  I am very particular when it comes to doing my laundry, and always follow the instructions as they are printed.  I want to get the best wear out of our clothes, and so anything I can do to lengthen the life of them is okay with me.  Recently, however, a few new articles of clothing have come through the wash without any "words" printed giving the proper instructions ..... only those little symbols.  So I have been forced to try and decipher just exactly what they mean.  It really doesn't seem to be that difficult, and perhaps all of you already figured this out years ago when someone deemed it a necessary thing to do.   But just in case there is someone out there like me that hasn't taken the time to figure them out, here is a little chart which links to a better chart with a pdf version that you can print up and have handy right in your laundry room:


Now, I can finally breathe a sigh of relief ......
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a nifty chart. I too have resisted *knowing* about all that symbol talk but too have encountered items with now words :)

Blessings!
Gail

Sunny Simple Life said...

What a wonderfully handy thing to have. I guess wordless is more universal. As long as we all know what the symbols mean. And now we will. Thanks.

koralee said...

Love the chart...I find it can be tricky too. Thank you for sharing! Hope you are well. xo

Shelby@ My Perfectly Imperfect World said...

Good to know! Thanks for sharing!