Tuesday, March 20, 2012

New Friends

One of the things I enjoy about having a blog is meeting new "friends".  Even though they are friends I have never met face-to-face; over time, it just seems like I have gotten to know them.  Some of my blog friends I have met up with over on Pinterest as well as Facebook.  Some of them I simply know from visiting their blogs and seeing what they are up to.  A few of them I have known since the first day I started writing this blog.  I've learned about their families, pets, hobbies, happy times, sad times, accomplishments, how they celebrate holidays, what they like to read, and the list goes on and on.  All things that you gradually learn over time about your friends that you know face-to-face.  I even find myself talking about my blog friends to other people; but I always have to clarify by saying something like "you know, the one with such and such blog".  It's rather amazing how the internet has connected so many people.  And now with Pinterest, a person can discover so many blogs, that it is really not possible to follow all of them.  However, tonight I came across one that after looking through a lot of her posts, I just know I could be friends with her if we met.  And so I found it a necessity to begin following her blog, and I have even linked her blog to my side bar with other blogs that I enjoy going to.  At this moment she has no idea who I am, but I think she must be very nice, and I look forward to seeing what she has to write about in the future.  The name of her blog is Serendipity Patch.  Maybe some of you have already heard of her; but just in case you haven't, if you like gardening, crocheting, quilting, and sewing, I think you will be quite inspired. 

                                                  Photo from http://serendipitypatch.blogspot.com/

5 comments:

serendipity said...

Thank you for your sweet comments. When I started blogging I didn't know if anyone would be interested in my ramblings, but I've loved connecting with people from all round the world. We do share many interests. Jane Austen and Anne of Green Gables for a start, and I would love to have an old Airstream! I love your chickens too :) xx

Jennifer D said...

You wrote my heart! I love Serendipity too.

koralee said...

Blogging is amazing for meeting wonderful people...happy weekend to you.

Sheila said...

It is fun to be able to connect with people all over the world and find those that have similar interests with you among such a huge ocean of souls.

Jennie and Julie said...

I too am happy to count you a 'blogging' friend. Thank you for your kind comments regarding my trip to say good-bye to my cousin. It meant a lot to me. It IS amazig how you can get to know someone through a blog, and just KNOW that you would be friends if you met. Perhaps we will get the chance to meet one day. Until then I will continue to enjoy getting to know you and your family through your blog!