Monday, July 25, 2011

Being Thankful

If ever you are feeling like you have been short changed in the blessing department, I recommend taking a moment, looking around you, and truly being thankful to God for the little things.  You will be surprised at how quickly you will realize that you are really blessed.  A few things I have been thankful for in particular today are having fresh cherries to make into a pie, spending time with my daughters, and picking raspberries at 6:30 in the morning during a light summer rain.

4 comments:

Kar said...

Those are definitely things to be thankful for. Simple, little things are the absolute best. :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

After seeing up close the way some people live in India, Sri Lanka and Nepal ... after hearing about the tragedy in Norway ... the drought in and Africa ... how can anyone not be grateful for every single thing in every single day? We are blessed! Have a beautiful day. Tammy

Jennifer D said...

I read a quote recently that goes right along with what you are saying, " What if you woke up tomorrow with only what you thanked God for the day before?"

We are so blessed. I do wish I had fresh cherries here.

Deb from WhatsInMyAttic said...

Although I've never felt I didn't have my fair share of blessing, I can admit that I've not always been as thankful as I should be for those that I do have! This is a sweet reminder...